The maintenance technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
• Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
• Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
• Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
• Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
• Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
• Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
• Perform a variety of basic plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
• Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
• Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
• Comply with safety regulations including but not limited to LOTO, Confined Space, proper PPE for the task and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
• Accurately complete paperwork required for maintenance records.
• Inform Management of issues which may result in product contamination or customer rejection of products.
• Follows standard operating procedures and good manufacturing practices
• Complies with the development, implementation, and maintenance and ongoing improvement of the Safe Quality Food system
• Adapts productively to change, demonstrates flexibility in approach to work, performs all duties as assigned, and complies with all safe work practices
• Maintains positive morale and encourages others to do the same.
• Technical degree or equivalent in electrical, mechanical, hydraulics and pneumatics maintenance
• Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS), PLC programming and computer operation
• Knowledgeable in fabrication and welding
• Knowledgeable of electronics and trouble-shooting of electronics
• Two years of maintenance and/or maintaining food service equipment