Allied Reliability is looking for a Maintenance Technician in Monroe, NC! Under the direct supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, Plant Manager, or Maintenance Director, the maintenance technician is responsible for the maintenance and repair of all equipment and facilities utilizing tools such as welders, hand tools, and electrical instruments. The maintenance technician also helps coordinate and keep the spare parts inventory stocked. The maintenance technician is responsible for preventive maintenance on their assigned machinery.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Perform repairs associated with sewing machines and/or garnets.
· Perform repairs associated with manufacturing machines and other equipment such as air compressors (replace motors, drive belts, etc.)
· Change filters in heating/air conditioning units
· Perform repairs associated with electrical issues (breakers out, lights out, electric outlets not working, bad contacts, electronic troubleshooting, etc.)
· Change fluorescent light bulbs, repair ballasts
· Perform repairs associated with plumbing issues (fix clogged sinks and toilets, repair leaks, etc.)
· Utilize carpentry equipment as indicated for the repair of equipment and to fabricate items needed for production/ shipping (crates)
· Drywall repair
· Move equipment, machinery, etc.
· Preventive Maintenance on all equipment.
· Maintain fire protection sprinkler system
· Change outdoor lights
· Fill out paperwork associated with repair as indicated
· Order through the proper chain, spare parts and help maintain the spare parts inventory
Conscientious about attending to detail
Makes effective use of technology to achieve results
Knowledge of Manufacturing Safety Guidelines
Solid decision-making skills
Basic PC skills in Windows environment
Electrical background. Knows how to read electrical prints.
Troubleshoot electrical issues with little or no supervision.
Knowledge of VFD and programing a VFD.
Knowledge of 110V and 480V. 3 phase. (knows how to wire motor, both low voltage and high voltage.
Open to new ideas, problem solver, go getter, self driven, motivated and willing to learn.
Willing to work as a team player and work weekends as needed. Not mandated but willing to be open.
Willing to work 2nd shift if needed. This will be required with time