Allied Reliability is looking for a First Shift Maintenance Technician to work with one of our premier clients in the Elkhart, IN area.
This position performs the necessary maintenance duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety and production maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
• Checks and refills lubricant reservoirs, applies grease to lubricant points, inspects machinery while performing scheduled preventative maintenance.
• Able to make some repairs and adjustments to machinery and assist in dismantling all or parts of machinery to repair or replace defective components.
• Assists in electrical projects and performs minor electrical repairs.
• Understands basic electrical and pneumatic diagrams, familiar with 12 VDC to 480 VAC electrical wiring or circuits and capable of diagnosing 115 VAC control circuitries.
• Assists in pipe fitting tasks and able to perform some installation tasks unassisted.
• Perform certain portions of repairs to power industrial equipment, assists in rebuilding of related equipment.
• Maintains and services a range of building equipment such as HVAC, lighting, water and sewer, etc.
• Assists in the installation of new plant equipment.
• Assists other departments as needed.
• Maintains production equipment in good operating condition while optimizing equipment uptime to insure the safe and timely manufacture of quality products.
• Improved reliability and operating efficiency of plant equipment.
• Conduct preventive maintenance tasks in a timely manner to insure operation of all equipment, in an efficient and safe manner.
• Actively participate in SMART and other safety programs.
• Actively participate in 5S programs.
• Follow all EHS regulations and guidelines.
• Keep equipment and tools clean and in good working order.
• Participation towards completion of other related tasks and duties as directed or needed.
• All other duties as assigned by Maintenance Manager or other Management.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
• Must be 18 years of age
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
• Must have access to reliable transportation
• Must be willing to work overtime with or without reasonable accommodation
• The successful candidate must pass a drug screen
• One-year prior experience in similar capacity.
• Equipment maintenance, hydraulics, plumbing, electrical machinery and building repair.
• Ability and skills to become forklift certified
•One (1) or more years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment is preferred
•Industrial, electrical or welding certifications, and/or a post-secondary/technical degree is preferred
•Basic electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic theory
•Knowledge of PLC programming is preferred