Allied Reliability is seeking talented individuals for a Maintenance Line Engineer opportunity with an industry-leading manufacturer in Ghent, KY. This position is responsible for providing professional Mechanical Engineering service and technical support to Maintenance and Operation departments for the redesign, modification, re-engineering, and retro-fitting of machinery and equipment to improve quality and productivity.
1. Coordinates and sets the priority for the Mechanical Engineers in his area.
2. Analyzes and defines machinery and equipment problems to improve quality, and productivity, repair damaged equipment, save money, and increase production line up – time.
3. Re-designs, re-engineers, and /or retrofits machinery and equipment that needs upgrading, is damaged, is poorly designed, or is incorrectly used in order to improve quality and productivity, repair damaged equipment, save money, and improve production line up-time.
4. Defines and scopes projects, make engineering drawings or layouts, writes engineering reports, makes cost estimates, obtains bids, writes work orders, makes recommendations to management, obtains approval to purchase necessary equipment and materials, and works with Maintenance and Operations Personal to retro-fit and install.
5. Studies machinery requirements, maintenance manuals, and maintenance procedures to design and establish Preventative Maintenance Programs to increase equipment uptime. Coordinates all Predictive and Preventative Maintenance activities and insures all maintenance work is satisfactory and complete as assigned.
6. Communicates and coordinates with Maintenance Personnel to provide technical expertise and support on the full range of maintenance projects and programs to reduce maintenance costs, avoid costly downtime, and increase equipment utilization.
7. Defines, prepares, and controls work order jobs. Prepares work instructions, and orders, and secures spare parts for jobs to be completed by Maintenance personnel. Reviews all work done for proper completion to ensure the orderly and efficient utilization of Maintenance manpower and materials.
8. provides for and ensures the timely, accurate, and efficient administration and control of the spare parts program assuring that all spares which are essential for the orderly and efficient operation of the plant are either inventoried on-site or are readily available for delivery through equipment vendors in order to avoid unnecessary downtime waiting for square parts.
9. Assists Operations and Maintenance with troubleshooting and repairs to pollution control equipment in order to meet EPA rules and regulations.
10. Follows OSHA regulations as it applies to engineering design, construction, maintenance and equipment installation to assure the company's compliance with safety and health requirements.
11. Keeps abreast of new equipment and techniques by reading appropriate journals, associating with professional organizations, trade associations, colleagues, equipment vendors, service companies, consultants, and government agencies, and attending conferences, training courses, and continuing education courses as appropriate.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Reports to and is accountable to the Maintenance Manager
2. Has freedom of contact throughout the company on Operations and Maintenance Engineering activities, particularly with Engineering, Operations, and Maintenance Personnel.
3. Externally, interfaces with equipment manufacturers and vendors concerning engineering data, and performance specifications, on new installations and existing equipment.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Minimum of Technical Degree from an approved University/College. (BS/BA)
2. Basic computer skills required.
3. One year of experience needed in the Industrial Environment.
PHYSICAL ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Mobility in the plant.
Mobility: Stand (stationary) - 25%, stand/walk - 45%, walking - 15%, sitting - 15%. Strength and Agility: Lifting - occ. - 80#, carrying - occ. 150 ft., push/pull - occ. - 80#, climbing - freq., balancing - occ., bending - cc., stooping - occ., crouching - occ., kneeling - occ., crawling - occ., running - occ., twisting - occ., turning - occ. Dexterity: Grasping (firm/strong), finger dexterity/handling, reaching.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
1. Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations.
2. Follow Company safety rules.
3. Report the absence of or defect in any protective equipment or clothing to the Supervisor or Manager immediately.
4. Use or wear the equipment, protective devices, or clothing that is required to be used or worn:
5. Report to the Safety Coordinator, Group Lead or Supervisor any contravention of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations or Company policy.
6. Must follow all Lockout Tag out (LOTO) guidelines for designated machines.
7. Maintain a clean and safe work area.