Our client provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores around the world.
Under minimal supervision, work independently, performing advanced refrigeration maintenance and repair throughout the warehouse. Provide maintenance support as necessary to ensure operational objectives are met. Other areas of knowledge, including but not exclusive to: mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, PLC, fabrication and welding, ammonia, and plumbing. Will direct and oversee the work of contractors on occasion.
• Defines and sets up ideal operational settings and parameters for all refrigeration equipment (i.e. superheat, regulators, pressure settings, defrost cycles, etc.) Proactively monitor system performance, and take appropriate actions to ensure that the system is operating optimally.
• Pumps out/evacuates refrigerant as necessary for component level replacement and/or repair.
• Provides in depth troubleshooting of refrigeration, electrical, mechanical, and controls systems to root cause and recommends corrective action
• Performs calibrations (slide valve, potentiometers, RTDs, pressure transducers, etc.)
• Replaces components within the refrigeration’s system, with safe LOTO procedures and in accordance with PSM program.
• Performs both routine and complex maintenance and repairs on various types of warehouse equipment in accordance with OSHA Standards.
• Participates in Maintenance/Refrigeration/Energy Excellence implementation and sustainment of Americold Operating System (AOS).
• Shares knowledge, and assists in the training and development of less experienced technicians
• Inspects and reviews “in progress” and “completed” work of internal and external technicians for compliance and quality control.
• Conducts test of safety equipment to ensure OHSA and operational standards.
• Maintains accurate preventive and predictive maintenance records within the CMMS System.
• Keeps work area and tools 6S’d (well maintained, clean, organized, etc.), and performs housekeeping duties as required.
• Performs related work and other job assignments as required.
Qualifications & Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
• 5 years Industrial Refrigeration maintenance experience, which must include ammonia refrigeration.
• Completion of RETA Operator 1 & 2 courses preferred. In lieu of RETA course - successful completion of industry recognized Industrial Ammonia Refrigeration training (Stellar, Frick, GCAP/Lanier or employer comparable training program), equivalent in scope will be considered.
• RETA CIRO certification preferred.
• Required to successfully complete assigned Industrial Refrigeration and Mechanical-Electrical courses.
• Troubleshooting and repairs with differing control systems ALTA/Allen Bradley etc.
• Required to be trained in HAZMAT, obtain and maintain the certification.
• Computerized Maintenance Management System experience preferred.
• Basic computer skills required (email, internet searches, basic data entry, etc.).
• Microsoft Office Suite knowledge.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Fully competent in mechanical knowledge (all level 3 requirements).
• Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Mathematical and documentation skills necessary.
• Ability to work with hands in mechanically oriented situations.
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
• Must be able to work unsupervised.
• Proficient use of testing equipment.
• Must be able to work flexible shifts, if required, including on call.