Our client provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores around the world.
• Works closely with the Facility Service Managers within the district to identify maintenance requirements necessary to ensure efficient and reliable equipment operation.
• Driving improvement in key metrics such as: PM completion rate, scheduled work percentage, equipment down time, energy, budget adherence, PSM compliance and document work percentage.
• Operates as the district area champion for AOS maturity in Refrigeration, Energy, and Maintenance Excellence initiatives.
• Providing guidance for annual maintenance budgets and five year capital planning.
• Utilizes SAP data to develop maintenance strategies, evaluate site performance, and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Leads district team members in improvement initiatives to include: PM Optimization, Energy Waste Walks, Root Cause Analysis, 6S and Continuous Improvement projects.
• Assist FSM’s with the development and execution of projects by reviewing new project plans; discussing equipment needs and modifications with all stake holders; coordinating activities of technicians and contractors.
• Evaluate and provide recommendations for maintenance resources relative to site demands such as: site headcount, scheduling hours, technician skill level, training needs, and maintenance related tools.
• Works with Facility Service Managers and Facility Services Analyst to ensure site compliance with all OSHA regulations, PSM requirements and Americold policies and procedures.
• Ensures compliance with mechanical, electrical, fire and all other municipal and state codes.
• Assist in energy conservation initiatives across the district to drive down cost.
• Act as the district SME providing support and direction on the operation and maintenance of ammonia refrigeration systems.
• Onboarding, training and mentorship of FSM’s and technicians within the district.
• Able to work in multi-functional team environment. Strong analytical skills. Prioritize time between site and district objectives.
Qualifications & Experience:
• 7 years of experience in maintenance with at least 2 years’ experience scheduling and supervising the work of others.
• Prior experience in running a refrigerated warehouse system, material handling, repair, and building maintenance preferred.
• RETA CARO or CIRO preferred or equivalent experience.
• Familiar with Reliability Centered Maintenance process.
• Proficient in CMMS; SAP modules for plant maintenance preferred.
• Requires the use of various electronic tools; multi-meter, air/gas monitors, infrared, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong communications skills (written/verbal), with emphasis on demonstrated ability to translate complex concepts between business and technical groups.
• Proficient with process safety management. APSM experience preferred.
• Proficient computer skills including experience in MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Must be able to travel as needed to support the district.
• Must possess the ability to lead and motivate others to achieve planned results.