Allied Reliability is seeking talented individuals for a Project Engineer opportunity with an industry leading manufacturer in West Chester, OH. Support the business by providing project engineering skills and resources in all levels of plant and corporate projects. Utilize continuous improvement techniques in measuring and controlling wastes in project engineering and other related activities. Support and foster business policies and objectives, while insuring a positive work environment.
• This is a Safety-Sensitive position, meaning the employee is directly responsible for his or her own safety or the safety of other people. “Safety-Sensitive” roles include “any job that includes tasks or duties that the employer reasonably believes could affect the safety and health of the employee performing the task or others.”
• Project feasibility studies.
• Preliminary project planning including development of the project charter, scope, budget estimate, general schedule and capital expenditure request (CER).
• Detailed project planning including preparation of definitive budgets, finalized execution scope and Gantt or other activity-based schedules.
• Successful execution and control of the project through the capital project process including periodic project reporting. Responsibilities include scope, schedule, cost estimate, safety and environmental performance, delivery of business objectives and project look-back for
• Qualification, selection, coordination and evaluation of outside engineering firms, contractors and suppliers.
• Assistance in the selection and procurement of process equipment and other project deliverables.
• Maintaining and improving Corporate Capital Project and Engineering Standards.
• Participation in the development of annual capital operating budgets.
• Responsible for ensuring compliance with the Responsible Care Management System® including the establishment of policies and procedures, assigning responsibilities and tracking progress.
• Degree in Engineering, B.S. minimum.
• Minimum 4 - 10 years of experience in a position where project engineering skills are applied for planning and execution of a project in a manufacturing facility-preferably a chemical plant or refinery.
• Experience in capital project work process development/implementation.
• Travel to the plants to participate and facilitate projects.
• Proven verbal and written communication skills.
• Proven team player with good relationship skills.
• The physical ability to reach all work areas in the plant (i.e. climb ladders, negotiate catwalks, handle heights to 50 feet, etc.), to lift twist and turn up to 50 lb. (i.e. open and close large valves, inspect equipment, don emergency equipment, etc.).
• PC competency, to include expertise in MS Project, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Proficient in drafting software such as AutoCAD.
• Competency in process equipment installation.
• Advanced course work in engineering, management, or chemistry.
• Professional Engineering certification.
• Project Management certification from an accredited institution.
• Project Management Professional certification per the Project Management Institute®.