Allied Reliability is seeking talented individuals for an Industrial Controls Technician opportunity with an industry leading manufacturer in Frederick, MD.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may also be assigned.
• Work with Safety as a top priority and actively support the goal of establishing a Zero Incident Safety Culture.
• Ensure 100% environmental compliance in all work activities and follow sites environmental rules and regulations.
• Provide primary support and execution of electrical and controls maintenance to the roofing manufacturing lines and ancillary equipment/systems.
• Troubleshoot programming and system faults for plant equipment and modify existing programs to improve sequencing, add/modify/remove alarms, and aide in improved troubleshooting and error response within the plant PLCs, HMIs, and automated systems.
• Perform work as an Industrial Electrician within electrical panels, systems, and wiring up to 480V. Individual will be required to become certified as a Level 1 Electrician at the facility and meet all requirements for achieving and maintaining that certification.
• Support and execute equipment calibration, programming installation and updates, and machine setup.
• Collaborate with maintenance, operations, and engineering personnel to resolve problems.
• Review and update/redline system layouts, detailed drawings, and schematics.
• Review and analyze operational data to diagnose and resolve performance issues.
• Maintain critical environmental and process control systems.
• Perform Industrial Maintenance activities as required, both as planned & scheduled work and as emergency/urgent production line support, troubleshooting, and repair.
• May occasionally be asked to perform ‘on call’ responsibilities.
• High school diploma or GED required. Technical Degree in Industrial Electrical, Controls, or Automation-based fields is strongly preferred.
• Four to five years of related experience and/or training are required. A combination of education and experience will be considered. Candidates with less experience may be considered for a lesser role with the intent of advancing to this role after specific training and experience requirements are met.
• Experience and proficiency working with Electrical Distribution systems and wiring up to 480V required.
• Experience maintaining industrial automation processes utilizing Siemens 505 or S7 PLCs, Siemens AC Vector Drives, and/or Wonderware is preferred.
• Knowledge of database and word processing software, as well as experience navigating in internet browsers and other similar systems. Drafting experience in Computer Automated Design software such as AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor is a plus; however, not required.
• Experience working in SAP or other Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) preferred.
• Certified or able to become certified to operate multiple kinds of powered industrial vehicles such as forklifts and man/personnel lifts.