Allied Reliability is seeking an Electrical ad Instrument Team Leader in Port Neches, Texas. The Electrical and Instrument Team Leader guides the performance of Electrical and Instrument craftsmen for PSM chemical manufacturing operation. The Team Leader collaborates with Engineering, Production, Maintenance, and Construction personnel in providing Electrical and Instrument Services. The incumbent assures compliance with NFPA, contractual, state and federal regulations in a manner that protects safety of life and limb, environmental compliance, while attaining targeted operating objectives.
Prioritized Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
In order of importance and time spent annually, list the expected duties of this job.
With minimal supervision and much decision-making:
· Receives planned work from the Maintenance planners and is responsible for managing a weekly work schedule.
· Monitors job progress and adjusts priorities as necessary to meet schedule and production needs. Spends time in the production units working with technicians.
· Supervises the work of supplemental maintenance contractors.
· Verifies the quality/correctness of work performed by those under supervision and confirms when work is technically completed.
· Supervise team members to ensure adherence to established site policies and procedures.
· Facilitates the execution of electrical and instrument work. Provide overall leadership and direction to crafts for safe and effective execution of work. This includes routine PMs, turnaround (planned large scale activities), and outage (major emergency) maintenance.
· Visit work sites to assure crafts have the resources they need to complete jobs in a quality fashion. Ensure personnel are working safely, productively, and executing work in a quality manner.
· Approves timesheets, service tickets and reviews maintenance expenses while managing labor availability.
· Participates in Environmental, Health & Safety initiatives as set forth by the company. Participates in and completes company-required training programs.
· Essential functions require presence in the workplace on a regular basis and an ability to work extra hours if needed. Ability to work overtime may be needed to ensure required staffing capacity to meet daily production objectives.
· Accountabilities include executing the daily maintenance plan, keep weekly and daily schedules, adapt to schedule changes [Break-ins], use systems for feedback including CMMS, Passport, and SAP. Assure failure codes are entered, submit work requests for work discovered during PM work execution.
· Assist with the supervision of capital work as needed, write variances as needed, order and expedite materials, and administer Management of Change.
· Accountabilities include executing the daily maintenance plan, keeps weekly and daily schedules, adapts to schedule changes [Break-ins], uses systems for feedback CMMS, Passport and SAP, assures failure codes are entered, submits work requests for work discovered during PM work execution.
· Visits work sites to assure crafts have the resources they need to complete the job in a quality fashion.
· Assures contractors are performing at the right level of work and at the right quality of work
· Approve timesheets, service tickets and review maintenance expenses while managing labor availability.
· Assist with the supervision of capital work as needed, and write variances as needed order and expedite materials and administer Management of Change.
· Ensures all activities are in full compliance with all applicable EH&S guidelines and protocols. Assure that EH&S concerns take precedence and first priority. Conducts and facilitates Safety and other programs as needed and takes steps to assure safety corrective actions are completed.
· Advise all areas with motor maintenance purchases, record keeping, reliability information and spare storage.
· Assures crafts have the training, tools, methods and procedures to complete their work safety and efficiently.
· Teams to facilitate work execution productivity as measured by Time on Tools, and drives the use of LEAN techniques to identify waste and drive continuous improvement.
· Essential functions require presence in the workplace on a regular basis and an ability to work extra hours if needed. If applicable, ability to work overtime may be needed to ensure required staffing capacity to meet daily production objectives.
· Work collaboratively with team members with different backgrounds and perspectives.
· Assists other employees in accomplishments of Huntsman company goals. Follows instructions and performs other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
· Participates in Environmental, Health, & Safety initiatives as set forth by the company. Participates in and completes company-required training programs.
Education / Experience
List any specific certifications, licenses, or registrations:
Certifications and licenses preferred.
Specific Skills and Knowledge