Our client provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores around the world.
Manage the daily maintenance activities in a warehouse. Plan and coordinate activities of refrigeration, maintenance and forklift associates. Maintain safe, effective and functional facilities by directing installation, maintenance, and repair of machines, tools, equipment, and utility systems for refrigerated warehouse.
• Identifies current and future maintenance requirements.
• Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual maintenance budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
.• Ensures operations productivity by determining work priorities and scheduling repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment.
• Designs, implements, and modifies preventive maintenance programs by reviewing production, quality control, and maintenance reports and statistics; inspecting operating machines, equipment, and systems for conformance with operational standards.
• Complies with all OSHA regulations and PSM requirements.
• Ensures compliance with mechanical, electrical and all other municipal and state codes.
• Resolves maintenance problems.• Protects employees and visitors by maintaining a safe and clean working environment.
• Completes maintenance operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees. Ensures work results.
• Ensures repairs of handling equipment so it is clean, safe, fully-operational and in good repair.
• Assess future repair needs of equipment and coordinates repairs.
• Direct department activities to design new products, modify existing designs, improve production techniques, and develop test procedures.
• Provide a comprehensive energy plan, which includes: Energy consumption, defined rate goals, strategies, action plans, conservation plans and utilization effectiveness.
• Maintain a working knowledge of new technologies, which may improve operations, and develops recommendations accordingly.
• Maintain a working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
• Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local environment, health, safety and HR regulations/procedures along with ensuring that all tasks are carried out in a safe and healthful manner with no adverse impact upon the environment.
• Works with General Manager to develop annual budgets
• Works with General Manager to ensure Departmental financial goals are met.
• Works with General Manager to Develop Capital Expense budgets and provide long term planning for facility and equipment improvements
.• Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
• High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
• Completion of all eight (8) RETA courses.
• HAZMAT certification.• Five to eight years in warehouse maintenance management experience.
• 3 years general supervisory/management experience.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to manage employees.
• Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively with variety of individuals
• Ability to reason, negotiate, instruct, persuade, or speak with others;
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills and judgment in communicating with staff.
• Willingness to develop a mentoring relationship in order to contribute experience, skills, and wisdom to subordinate employees for their development.
• Receptive to management development suggestions and willing to seek additional knowledge to facilitate job growth.
• Must have strong relationship skills, be able to provide and model leadership behaviors including the ability to defuse conflict. Relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with others without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to criticism.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.• Proven ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to interpret HR regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
• Ability to solve complex problems.
• Must have very strong customer service orientation with high sense of urgency in meeting objectives and deadlines
.• Fully competent to a high degree in mechanical knowledge.
• Ability to work with hands in mechanically oriented situations.
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions, as well as interpret pencil sketches and diagrams.
• Ability to supervise and inspect work performed by all Levels of maintenance associates.
• Must be able to work flexible shifts, if required, including on call
• Ability to work overtime
• Frequently works overtime, evenings, or weekends in order to complete work or to attend meetings
• Knowledge of ISO.
• Knowledge of SAP preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel
• Forklift certification.