Our client provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores.
Primary Responsibility: Leads and coordinates work among other Automated Storage / Retrieval System (ASRS) technicians at the site. Leads the development of site ASRS technician capability development. Will perform advance maintenance and mechanical / electrical repair on the ASRS cranes and other automated pallet handling systems. May direct and supervise the work of contractors.
• Provide leadership, guidance, training and development to techs onsite.
• Performs routine preventive maintenance on ASRS cranes, conveyors, pallet elevators, etc., and develops the skill capability of others to be able to perform assigned tasks.
• Performs major repairs on ASRS cranes, conveyors, pallet elevators, etc. as needed
• Ability to inspect mechanical / electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, need for adjustment / repair, and make recommendations to improve performance & reliability.
• Ability to understand and troubleshoot ladder logic programming, VFD, instrumentation, AC/DC motors, hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical systems
• Effectively communicate with the Facility Services and Operations teams, ASRS status and potential service disruptions as they arise.
• Test, maintain, and evaluate equipment performance using the appropriate test equipment.
• Troubleshoots ASRS cranes, conveyors, pallet elevators, etc and recommends corrective action.
• Assess skills capability of ASRS team and operators to support the development of skills matrixes, and skills capability transfer.
• Reviews inspection results and repairs to evaluate work quality and effectiveness.
• Maintain tools and machinery in good condition and use tools and equipment carefully as instructed.
• Understand Industrial Refrigeration Systems, able to troubleshoot system performance issues.
• Inspect forklifts, pallet jacks and other similar equipment. May need to perform repairs and inspections.
• Maintains accurate preventive maintenance records.
• Answer after hours “call backs” as needed.
• Keeps work area clean and performs housekeeping duties as required.
• Performs related work and other job assignments as required
Qualifications & Experience:
• MUST have experience working on high-speed production machinery, 3 Phase (Up to 480 Volt), PLC programming/trouble shooting, VFD troubleshooting/programming, instrumentation, and experience with AC/DC Motors maintenance.
• Minimum 7 years’ maintenance mechanical-electrical experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment, preferably supporting ASRS, conveyors, and pallet elevators or similar.
• Requires a wide variety of field experiences in process controls and a working knowledge of instrumentation.
• Experience working in a CMMS system, SAP is preferred.
• Successfully completed RETA courses is a plus.
• Successfully completed HAZMAT responder training is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must be able to read and understand ladder diagrams, schematics, and blueprints.
• Must have working knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC) and Occupational Safety and Health Association (OSHA) requirements.
• Must be able troubleshoot, assemble, install, test, repair, and maintain mechanical, electrical, electronics, controls, and instrumentation.
• Requires strong verbal and written communication skills, and ability to communicate effectively at differing levels of the organization.
• Strong analytical thinking skills and ability to proactively identify problems / develop solutions.
• Fully competent to a high degree in mechanical and electrical knowledge
• Strong knowledge of various types of equipment in maintenance trade
• Ability to work with hands in mechanically oriented situations.
• Ability to work in cold conditions for extended periods of time.
• Ability to work at high elevations in fall protection.
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions, as well as interpret pencil sketches and electrical diagrams