Our client provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores around the world.
Primary Responsibility: Improve asset performance, influence maintenance and energy spending to targeted levels, lead site reliability and engineering maintenance strategy in an automated refrigerated controlled warehouse, and support and maintain both People and Food Safety throughout the facility. Work closely with District, Regional, and Global support partners. Act as interface between Operations and Facility Maintenance to ensure that resources are effectively improving asset utilization, uptime, and throughput. Ensure responsive and proactive maintenance support to all internal customers by implementing sound work management processes, and build operational support through furthering cultural maturity of Americold’s Operating Systems.
• Provide technical leadership and management for Maintenance Excellence, Energy Excellence, and Refrigeration Excellence ensuring the duties of self and others meet all safety policies and regulations.
• Develop long term vision and strategic planning of the Facility Maintenance & Energy organization at an automated site (Capital Planning & Budgeting).
• Ensure planning and execution of site-wide maintenance and energy activities, capital projects & engineering, project management, maintenance of all assets (refrigeration, Material Handling Equipment, ASRS systems, building & grounds, etc.), and completion of root cause analysis to resolve reliability maintenance issues.
• Direct, coordinate, communicate, and interpret Capital Policy to ensure that projects are thoroughly planned, scheduled, scoped, estimated, staffed and implemented.
• Ensure development of a comprehensive energy plan that addresses energy consumption, defined rate goals, strategies, action plans, conservation plans and utilization effectiveness.
• Ensure planning, scheduling, and execution of planned and predictive maintenance activities as well effective dispersion of resources across shifts.
• Design, implement, modify, and improve asset maintenance plans based on failure modes, mean time between failures (MTBF), data analysis, throughput, condition monitoring, and statistics to improve processes to reduce and/or eliminate equipment and process failures.
• Work with internal resources as well as local, state, federal, and other agencies to ensure the facility meets all standard work practices and is in compliance with all regulations and internal policies and procedures.
• Prepare annual budgets, schedule expenditures, analyze variances, justify spend, and manage an accurate Facility Maintenance & Energy expense & capital budget with appropriate accounting information to achieve financial objectives.
• Lead and direct the continuous technical and reliability improvement of the facility, equipment, and systems in support of site operational goals.
• Lead the Optimization of Resource Labor, Contracted Services and Parts Usage.
• Accountable for talent management (acquisition, retention, and development) and ensuring appropriate level of technical expertise within the Facility Maintenance & Energy team to maintain effective operational throughput, equipment reliability, and develops technical staff utilizing Americold skills matrix and development planning process.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree is REQUIRED. Degrees in engineering, business, and operations management are preferred.
• 7+ years of relevant maintenance leadership experience is REQUIRED. Relevant experience must in Industrial Manufacturing Maintenance & Engineering and/or Industrial Building Maintenance experience.
• Experience leading Failure Mode & Effects Analyses (FMEA), Failure Mode, Effects, & Criticality Analyses (FMECA), or other established Root Cause Analyses (RCA) is REQUIRED.
• Experience implementing/managing Predictive Maintenance technologies (Vibration, Infrared, Ultrasound) is REQUIRED.
• Demonstrated experience with PLCs and automation is REQUIRED.
• Substantial prior experience with a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) such as MAXIMO, E-Maint, PeopleSoft is REQUIRED. Experience with SAP is preferred.
• Experience implementing best-in-class maintenance programs and strategies such as Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM), Maintenance Excellence, and/or Predictive Maintenance.
• Certified Maintenance Reliability Professional (CMRP) or Certified Reliability Engineer (CRE) are preferred.
• Six Sigma experience (Green or Black Belt), demonstrated by successful completion of a major improvement project, is preferred.
• RETA course completion is preferred. Knowledge & Employment Standards:
• Must possess strong skills in project management (PMP Certification Preferred).
• Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Requires strong leadership skills and the ability to obtain results through influence and mentoring relationships in order to contribute experience, skills, and wisdom to employees for their development.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Must have very strong customer service orientation with high sense of urgency in meeting objectives and deadlines.
• Ability to supervise and inspect work performed by all levels of maintenance personnel. Must be able to work flexible shifts, if required, including on call.
• Must be highly computer literate, with proficiency in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, and Excel)
• Frequently works evenings and / or weekends in order to complete work or to attend meetings.