Under the direction of the General Manager/Regional Facility Mgr., the Facilities Service Manager will manage the daily maintenance activities in a warehouse. Plan and coordinate activities of refrigeration, maintenance and forklift associates. Maintain safe, effective and functional facilities by directing installation, maintenance, and repair of machines, tools, equipment, and utility systems for refrigerated warehouse.
- Identifies current and future maintenance requirements.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual maintenance budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Ensures operations productivity by determining work priorities and scheduling repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment.
- Designs, implements, and modifies preventive maintenance programs by reviewing production, quality control, and maintenance reports and statistics; inspecting operating machines, equipment, and systems for conformance with operational standards.
- Complies with all OSHA regulations and PSM requirements.
- Ensures compliance with mechanical, electrical and all other municipal and state codes.
- Resolves maintenance problems.
- Protects employees and visitors by maintaining a safe and clean working environment.
- Completes maintenance operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees. Ensures work results.
- Ensures repairs of handling equipment so it is clean, safe, fully-operational and in good repair.
- Assess future repair needs of equipment and coordinates repairs.
- Direct department activities to design new products, modify existing designs, improve production techniques, and develop test procedures.
- Provide a comprehensive energy plan, which includes: Energy consumption, defined rate goals, strategies, action plans, conservation plans and utilization effectiveness.
- Maintain a working knowledge of new technologies, which may improve operations, and develops recommendations accordingly.
- Maintain a working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local environment, health, safety and HR regulations/procedures along with ensuring that all tasks are carried out in a safe and healthful manner with no adverse impact upon the environment.
- Works with General Manager to develop annual budgets
- Works with General Manager to ensure Departmental financial goals are met.
- Works with General Manager to Develop Capital Expense budgets and provide long term planning for facility and equipment improvements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.