Our client provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools, and retail outlets such as grocery stores. They own and operate temperature-controlled warehouses around the world.
Perform routine and complex material handling equipment (MHE), repairs and preventative maintenance throughout the warehouse. Provide maintenance support as necessary to ensure operational objectives are met. Perform troubleshooting and repair of material handling equipment and other powered industrial equipment as assigned. Provide outside service provider oversight and monitoring.
• Performs in depth troubleshooting of MHE electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic systems.
• Rebuilds and/or replaces major components (i.e mast, undercarriage, transmissions, engines/motors, etc.).
• Performs preventative maintenance, repair and adjustment of material handling equipment.
• Inspects forklifts, pallet jacks, and other material handling equipment to ensure compliance with OSHA and operational standards.
• Maintains batteries and chargers in working order in accordance with OSHA Standards.
• Performs routine and complex maintenance on various types of warehouse equipment in accordance with OSHA Standards.
• Tests, maintains, and evaluates equipment performance using instruments such as voltmeters, ohmmeters, and any other testing instruments.
• Conducts tests of safety equipment to ensure OHSA and operational standards.
• Maintains accurate preventive maintenance records within the CMMS system.
• Keeps work area and tools 6S’d (well maintained, clean, organized, etc.), and performs housekeeping duties as required.
• Performs related work and other job assignments as required.
• Shares knowledge, train and develop less experienced technicians.
Qualifications & Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
• 4 years’ maintenance experience with a minimum of 2 years’ as an MHE technician.
• Formal MHE technical training, such as Hyster, Crown, Toyota, or Raymond, preferred.
• Strong work experience will be considered in lieu of Training Courses during the initial hiring process.
• Required train in HAZMAT, obtain and maintain the certification.
• Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management System (SAP Preferred).
• Basic computer skills required (email, internet searches, basic data entry, etc.).
• Microsoft Office Suite knowledge.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Fully competent in MHE knowledge.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Mathematical and documentation skills necessary.
• Ability to work with hands in mechanically oriented situations.
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
• Must be able to work flexible shifts, if required, including on call.
• Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose down to the component level on all material handling equipment.
• Must show proficiency in SAP PM (CMMS) with respect to their duties and responsibilities within 60 days.