Allied Reliability is seeking an Packaging Technician at a manufacturing facility in Dallas, Texas! This position is responsible for tending machinery that performs one or more packaging functions such as filling, marking, labeling, banding, tying, packing or wrapping product.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may also be assigned.
• Operates and monitors all equipment from the Finish Product Looper to the Palletizer Exit Chains.
• Controls Shingle Machine/Laminator speed and helps control material flow with downstream equipment during upset conditions.
• Operates computer terminals to control machinery functions and monitor quality.
• Operates equipment as assigned and laces up equipment as required by the operation.
• Clears tray jams. Starts and stops Shingle Machine/Laminator after tray jams.
• Inspects all finished products from the line to ensure critical standards are maintained. Rejects and stacks product not meeting standards.
• Assist Team Leader in updating and interpreting documentation on finished product quality and other items as needed.
• Operates and monitors finished product conveyors, Wrapper Machine and Palletizer. Responds to equipment failures. Adjusts equipment for product and color changes.
• Hand stacks roofing products weighing 50-75 pounds onto pallets with a partner.
• Builds and maintains a positive working relationship with co-workers.
• Works rotating shifts, including nights and weekends, as well as overtime as required.
• A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required for all positions.
• Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and/or 5+ years of equivalent, verifiable manufacturing equipment experience preferred.
• Valid driver’s license.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The employee is required to sit inside the cab of several kinds of powered industrial vehicles such as forklifts, front end loaders and man lifts.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• This job is subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, odors and airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, extreme heat, vibration and confined spaces. The employee is occasionally exposed to acidic or caustic chemicals. A respirator may be required at times. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud, with hearing protection provided