Allied Reliability is searching for an experienced Projects Lead for one of our premier clients in Hamilton, MS. This position is responsible for managing the capital project plans implemented at the site.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Coordinating and administering the 5-year capital plan and delivering project outcomes via effective management of Project Managers.
• Facilitates Capital budgeting process across the site through coordination and prioritization of projects with T&I, Maintenance & Operations Management.
• Manages the coordination of monthly CAPEX forecast with Business Improvement Administrator (BIA).
• Interfaces with the finance team to ensure SOX compliance related to Capital expenditures, CIP, and Asset Register.
• Provides tools and ensures sound project financial tracking for the site capital project team.
• Ensures each project team has project success criteria for each stage of the project and coordinates site gate approvals throughout the Innovation and Investment Process (stage-gate process).
• Provides technical assistance to Project Managers to develop scopes of work.
• Maintains the site project portfolio up-to-date with supporting business cases.
• Proactively manages changes in scope, schedule, budget, or resources.
• Develops executive reports outlining the progress of the Site capital project portfolio monthly.
• Engages and manages external consultants and contractors as required to meet capital plan requirements.
• Interface with Operations to ensure all projects are effectively scoped, scheduled, executed, and operationally ready.
• Provides suitable technical support from within the department or via external consultants to all departments as needed by Operational requirements.
• Contribute to sites management of change process and operational readiness processes, providing input into the risk assessment processes to ensure programs/projects are adequately assessed and address insurability issues.
• Ensure Health, Safety, Environmental, Maintainability, and Operability concerns are incorporated into the engineering designs of our projects.
• Interface with contractors to encourage and promote safe work practices and the expectations of Tronox.
• Actively support best practice sharing across the region and globe
This position requires 5-7 years of related project management experience, and B.S. in Engineering discipline, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred.