Under general supervision, works independently performing routine refrigeration maintenance and repair throughout the warehouse.
• Performs operation, repair and adjustment of refrigeration system. Monitors system performance and determines when system is not operating correctly.
• Replaces components within the refrigeration’s system, with safe LOTO procedures and in accordance with PSM program.
• Performs basic pump out/evacuate refrigerant as necessary for valve replacement and/or repair.
• Performs routine maintenance on various types of warehouse equipment in accordance with OSHA Standards.
• Tests, maintains, and evaluates equipment performance using instruments such as voltmeters, ohmmeters, pyrometers, and pressure gauges. Tests and calibrates HVAC equipment.
• Inspects completed work for compliance to blueprints, specifications, and safety standards.
• Troubleshoots equipment and recommends corrective action. Individual should understand key troubleshooting techniques to determine root cause.
• Conducts tests of safety equipment to ensure OHSA and operational standards
• Maintains accurate preventive maintenance records with the CMMS System.
• Keeps work area and tools 6S’d (well maintained, clean, organized, etc.), and performs housekeeping duties as required.
• Performs related work and other job assignments as required.
Qualifications & Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
• 5 years combined Industrial Refrigeration and/or Industrial Maintenance experience with a minimum of 2 years of employment experience in industrial refrigeration
• Completion of RETA Operator 1 course preferred. In lieu of RETA course - successful completion of industry recognized Industrial Ammonia Refrigeration training (Stellar, Frick, GCAP/Lanier or employer comparable training program), equivalent in scope will be considered.
• CARO and CIRO certification preferred.
• Required to successfully complete assigned Industrial Refrigeration and maintenance courses.
• Troubleshooting and repairs with differing control systems ALTA/Allen Bradley etc.
• Required to be trained in HAZMAT, obtain and maintain the certification.
• Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management System (SAP Preferred).
• Must be computer literate.
• Microsoft Office Suite knowledge.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Fully competent to a high degree in mechanical knowledge.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Mathematical and documentation skills necessary.
• Ability to work with hands in mechanically oriented situations.
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
• Proficient use of testing equipment.
• Must be able to work flexible shifts, if required, including on call.
• Share knowledge, train and develop less experienced technicians.