Our client provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools, and retail outlets such as grocery stores around the world.
• Performs in depth troubleshooting of MHE electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic systems.
• Rebuilds and/or replaces major components (i.e mast, undercarriage, transmissions, engines/motors, etc.).
• Performs preventative maintenance, repair and adjustment of material handling equipment.
• Inspects forklifts, pallet jacks, and other material handling equipment to ensure compliance with OSHA and operational standards.
• Maintains batteries and chargers in working order in accordance with OSHA Standards.
• Performs routine and complex maintenance on various types of warehouse equipment in accordance with OSHA Standards.
• Tests, maintains, and evaluates equipment performance using instruments such as voltmeters, ohmmeters, and any other testing instruments.
• Conducts tests of safety equipment to ensure OHSA and operational standards.
• Maintains accurate preventive maintenance records within the CMMS system.
• Keeps work area and tools 6S’d (well maintained, clean, organized, etc.), and performs housekeeping duties as required.
• Performs related work and other job assignments as required.
• Shares knowledge, train and develop less experienced technicians.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
• 4 years’ maintenance experience with a minimum of 2 years’ as an MHE technician.
• Formal MHE technical training, such as Hyster, Crown, Toyota, or Raymond, preferred.
• Strong work experience will be considered in lieu of Training Courses during the initial hiring process.
• Required train in HAZMAT, obtain and maintain the certification.
• Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management System (SAP Preferred).
• Basic computer skills required (email, internet searches, basic data entry, etc.).
• Microsoft Office Suite knowledge.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Fully competent in MHE knowledge.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Mathematical and documentation skills necessary.
• Ability to work with hands in mechanically oriented situations.
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
• Must be able to work flexible shifts, if required, including on call.
• Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose down to the component level on all material handling equipment.
• Must show proficiency in SAP PM (CMMS) with respect to their duties and responsibilities within 60 days.