The Electrical Controls Technician contributes to the success of the Joplin Mineral Wool Plant by providing mechanical and electrical support for the entire manufacturing operation. Position will troubleshoot, repair, and maintain electrical equipment such as motors, conveyor systems, PLC programs, production machines, material handling equipment, AC/DC drives, power and lighting systems, blending/mixing systems, etc.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Diagnose and repair electrical issues on all plant equipment.
2. Perform preventative maintenance tasks using CMS system (SAP).
3. Complete work orders in a timely manner to the highest quality standards.
4. Daily reporting of all work performed - effective shift pass downs and electronic entries.
5. Maintain complete personal tool inventory necessary to perform job functions.
6. Perform all tasks in accordance with company safety and GMP policies/guidelines.
7. Order/generate parts requests and help to maintain adequate inventory organization and help maintain accurate stock status.
8. Maintains safe and clean working environment at all times
9. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Must be 18 years or older.
2. High School diploma or GED.
3. Possess minimum of two years technical training and/or five-plus years of proven related electrical experience or an equivalent combination of both education and experience. Department of Labor Electrical certification a plus.
4. Must be able to complete forklift and man lift certifications.
5. Be able to work 12-hour shifts, overtime, and weekends/holidays as scheduled.