Our client provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools, and retail outlets such as grocery stores. They are an essential link in the food industry supply chain helping put food on tables around the world. They own and operate temperature-controlled warehouses around the world.
Works independently performing maintenance and repairs on automated storage and retrieval system (ASRS) equipment in a cold storage warehouse environment.
1. Performs advanced preventive maintenance, corrective repairs, modular overhauls, and troubleshooting on ASRS pallet handling equipment: high bay cranes, low bay cranes, trolleys, conveyors, elevators, turntables, stretch film wrappers, etc.
2. Proficient with preventive maintenance, corrective repairs, and troubleshooting on 3-phase electrical systems.
3. Proficient with corrective repairs and troubleshooting on variable frequency drives (VFDs) and servo drives.
4. Proficient with industrial machine Ethernet networking.
5. Proficient with electrical wiring of equipment and system control panels.
6. Proficient working with and troubleshooting PLC systems. Experience programming PLC systems preferred. Experience with Allen-Bradley and Siemens preferred.
7. Program and configure barcode scanners, print and apply label systems, light curtains, etc.
8. Experienced with change management methodology related to programming system controls.
9. Understanding of safety devices (i.e., light curtains, door locks, safety relays).
10. Proficient with sensors and devices (i.e., photoeyes, proximity sensors, limit switches).
11. Maintains accurate preventive maintenance records.
12. Answer after hours “call backs” as needed.
13. Keeps work area clean and performs housekeeping duties as required.
14. Performs related work and other job assignments as required.
• 5+years maintenance experience on ASRS systems or equivqlent preferred.
• Understands principles of lubrication, power transmission (i.e., sprockets, chains, belts, drives, clutches), hydraulics, and pneumatics.
• Understands electrical safety including arc flash.
• Knowledge of 3-phase electrical systems.
• Experience using Lockout Tagout (LOTO) procedures and devices.
• Experience using computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS). Knowledge of SAP PM preferred.
• Strong communication skills.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Successfully completed RETA courses is a plus.
• Successfully completed HAZMAT Responder training is a plus.
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions, as well as interpret pencil sketches and electrical diagrams.