Allied Reliability is seeking a highly motivated Maintenance Technician to join a dynamic client.
The Maintenance Technician is accountable for the efficient operation of all the equipment and instrumentation throughout the facility, both inside and outside of the building. This position accomplishes the organizational objectives by ensuring that all equipment and instrumentation is operating at optimal levels.
• Advocate and practice the principals of the safety program.
• Participate in and utilize continuous improvement tools and teams where applicable: i.e. Lean, PM program, 5 S’s, etc.
• Participate in housekeeping activities that are indicative of a safe and clutter-free work environment
• Utilize the Computerized Maintenance Management System for accessing maintenance operating procedures, Preventive Maintenance tasks, management of the Mechanical Storeroom and operating the Work Order system.
• Participate in the development of Standard Operating Procedures for equipment and Maintenance tasks; regularly use these documents to ensure safe and efficient maintenance work.
• Assist in the capture and upkeep of accurate equipment information in the Computerized Maintenance Management System database.
• Participate in the initial installation and upkeep of equipment and piping label as required by plant policy.
• Develop personal skills through ongoing training both at the plant and through outside training classes.
• Support the implementation and maintenance of an effective Preventative Maintenance program.
• Perform required Preventative Maintenance tasks, including data logging, calibrations, inspections, fluid testing and changes, replacement of wear parts, equipment rebuilds etc.
• Follow the daily work schedule and project schedule as developed by the Maintenance Manager.
• Make timely reporting and documentation of equipment breakdowns or mis-operation; provide troubleshooting to minimize downtime of plant equipment.
• Record information required for Work Order closure time-spent on task, details on the work performed, additional work required and parts that were used.
• Assist in the cleanliness, labeling and upkeep in the mechanical storeroom to provide high spare parts availability and accurate inventory counts.
• Maintain equipment and assist in development of operating procedures that comply with OSHA, EPA, and Provincial and local agencies to ensure worker safety and limit company liabilities.
• Be active in the Emergency Response Team; be a leader in safety, quality and environmental activities.
• Wear proper Personal Protective Equipment, as required and follow all Safe Work Practice elements (Lock-Out / Tag-Out, Hot Work, Confined Space, Line Break, Controlled Access etc.)
• Must be able to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must have the legal right to work in the country of employment without needing sponsorship now or in the future for employment visa status
• Must be able to Work a Three (3) Rotating Eight (8) Hour Shift Schedule - Days (7AM to 3PM) Afternoons (3PM to 11PM) and Nights (11PM to 7AM) or a Two (2) Rotating Twelve (12) Hour Shift Schedule (Continental), both shift schedules include working Saturdays and Sundays
• Must be able to work overtime with or without reasonable accommodation
• Must have access to own reliable transportation
• Must have a minimum of three (3) years of industrial maintenance experience
• Have an industrial, electrical or welding certifications, and / or a post-secondary / technical degree
• Have three (3) or more years of experience with pumps, PLC’S, AutoCAD and HVAC in a mechanical field
• Experience using Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and / or Access)
• The successful candidate must also pass a pre-employment background check. A medical screening will be scheduled post-offer.