Reliability Engineers are responsible for daily tactical execution of Daily Direction Setting priorities, coordination of mechanics, execution and follow-up of planned work. In addition, you will be responsible for developing planned maintenance strategies that support safety, people engagement, quality, cost, reliability and continuous improvement initiatives.
Additionally, you will:
- Oversee and direct technician assignments across all shifts, basing decisions on manpower, technical ability, knowledge, and production priorities.
- Communicate and coordinate with Production Supervisors and Plant Engineering to determine the most efficient and timely corrective action in response to equipment breakdowns.
- Track, schedule, and assign corrective and preventive maintenance activities.
- Ensure technicians are creating work orders to document activities, and entering accurate and thorough information.
- Verify assigned work orders are completed in a timely manner and work quality is acceptable
- Manage and approve technician work hours, vacation, sick days, etc.
- Perform technician coaching, reviews and disciplinary actions.
- Responsible for planning, organizing and directing the activities across all shifts.
- Ensure successful leadership and integration of Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) processes into the overall organization.
- Effectively communicate RCM strategy, goals and results across the organization as it relates to Maintenance and within the Maintenance Organization.
- Establish and influence the use of best practices and strategic benchmarks for assessing maintenance processes.
- Define and implement Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for measuring progress.
- Develop training programs and development/progression plans for technicians.
- Develop strategic partnerships across the company and with third party contractors to increase overall reliability.
- Develop and manage cross-functional improvement strategies.
- Identify opportunities in establishment of the RCM model, assess progress and develop strategic programs for addressing the opportunities.
- Lead and direct effective interactions and positive cooperation through work relationships between all levels of the organization
- Champion the organizations values by leading best practices in maintenance by supporting Safety and Quality initiatives.
- Ensure the maintenance and operation of the equipment, systems, and processes for the overall facility meet compliance standards of all external regulatory agencies to include: PMO, OSHA, EPA, FDA and all other applicable regulations.