Allied Reliability is seeking a highly motivated Forklift Mechanic to join a dynamic client.
The Forklift Mechanic will maintain material handling equipment to ensure continual and safe operation, while following all regulatory and company safety standards, policies, and procedures. Implement best practices of preventive and predictive maintenance.
• Assign, prioritize and perform preventative maintenance and repairs on all related material handling equipment of the facility
• Visually inspect and listen for unusual sounds from material handling equipment to detect malfunction.
Dismantle defective components of material handling equipment and replace, as necessary
• Clean, lubricate and adjust components of material handling equipment per manufacturer’s and company guidelines
• Manage all allocated repairs, parts, labor costs and Work Orders through the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
• Manage and maintain the inventory for material handling equipment, batteries and charging system. Manage the consignment, internal parts, and tools inventory
• Work with maintenance leadership to initiate Purchase Orders for spare and replacement parts through the procurement process
• Utilize onsite motorized lift and rental equipment as needed in the course of operating, inspecting, calibrating, and maintaining equipment
• Provide recommendations to leadership for capital expenditure budget planning for material handling equipment, batteries, and chargers
• 3 years material handling equipment maintenance experience including hydraulic equipment
• Ability to read electrical blueprints and schematics
• Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization
• Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
• Excellent organizational skills, including ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
• Ability to work in temperatures as low as -20 Fahrenheit/-25 Celsius in cold storage sites or up to 100 Fahrenheit/37 Celsius in dry storage sites while wearing company provided personal protective equipment and freezer gear
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs./18 kgs.; weight may be more dependent upon facility
• Ability to work a flexible work schedule and shift, including weekends if needed
• Must be comfortable with various noise levels, at times, can be loud