Coordinate the maintenance and repair of a wide variety of production equipment with minimal downtime. Involves checking, setting up, and operating various types of production tools and equipment prior to approving for production use.
• Report to Plant Manager any information that may impede the operation of the plant as soon as it becomes known.
• Track machine Down-time & Reason codes
• Assist production/maintenance personnel in troubleshooting & set-up of machines
• Responsible for disciplinary and corrective actions
• Maintain payroll time system (vacation, personal days, points) for maintenance employees
• Maintain/manage PM program and Work Request process
• Develop & track maintenance employee’s work schedules
• Initiate and/or maintain a cost-effective preventive maintenance program.
• Enhance and promote safety in both the department and facility
• Implement preventative maintenance program and long-term predictive plan
• Train and mentor maintenance employees on proper techniques/procedures for proper maintenance of equipment
• Enhance production knowledge of process equipment
• Build a team-based department to enhance efficiency and productivity
• Implement, monitor, and enhance OEE program to improve facility functions
• Train and enhance root cause analysis system on department and site level to proactively correct recurring issues/failures
• Work in a team-based environment with 4 facilities based throughout the U.S. and Europe to instill best practices for Maintenance, Management, and Production
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma *required*
• Degree in Engineering *preferred*
• 8+ years’ experience as Maintenance Manager or Engineering Manager in a continuous process industrial setting (chemical, extrusion, recycling, textile, etc.)
• Lean Manufacturing
• Computer/Data entry skills.
• Demonstrated personnel supervisory skills.
• 5-10 years maintenance experience in a corrugated box plant or similar manufacturing experience with heavy experience in electronics, PC controls, mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics, and electricity.
• Experience with Superba, heat set and air entanglement machinery a plus.
• Travel: this position will require minimal travel both within and outside the U.S.