Allied Reliability is looking for a Maintenance Mechanic in Portland, OR! The Maintenance Mechanic will be responsible for for the timely repair and preventative maintenance of plant equipment.
• Plant equipment includes filling machines, metal detectors, carton erectors, case packers, palletizers, pasteurizers, homogenizers, motors and pumps, and conveying equipment
• Qualified applicants must possess tangible experience in troubleshooting mechanical breakdowns in manufacturing production equipment
• Ability to rapidly assess, analyze, and resolve complicated problems with little initial information or direction and with varying degrees of ambiguity
• Must be detail-oriented, organized, innovative, and possess ability to multi-task and shift priorities quickly, while maintaining control, focus and professionalism in a fast-paced and
• Maintenance Mechanics must follow and improve all established personal safety, food safety, and environmental standards, and all established maintenance processes to adhere and uphold all plant technical standards and ensure company compliance with all federal, state, local and company regulations.
• Strong mathematical skills
• Ability to work flexible schedules as needed. Work schedules could include nights, weekend or holiday shifts
Education and Experience:
• A High School diploma or GED.• 2-4 years of maintenance experience in a food production/manufacturing environment,repairing and troubleshooting mechanical issues on packaging and/or filling equipment, and
other food processing equipment.
• Previous experience with high speed production equipment, RaPak or Evergreen packaging equipment is a plus. Previous dairy, food and beverage industry maintenance experience strongly desired.
• Previous experience in a combination of the following areas: PLC, instrumentation, pumps, mechanical, pneumatic, motors, electrical, hydraulic, lubrication, HVAC, refrigeration, freezers, compressors, utilities, boilers and ammonia based systems
Ability to effectively read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Demonstrated ability to communicate orally or in written form effectively with co-workers, departments, preferably customers and vendors as well.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Frequent walking, lifting, pulling, pushing, bending, stooping, squatting, standing, twisting.
Repeatedly lifting and moving 50 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently exposed to wet, cold, and/or humid conditions. The employee is frequently standing on a concrete surface for 8, 10 or 12 hour shifts.
The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.