Assists the plant maintenance activities to achieve a high level of equipment and unit availability to support system operations requirements. Realizes a competitive production cost and high utilization of assets by employing effective maintenance strategies with emphasis on work force safety and productivity. Needs a high level of both electrical and Mechanical Maintenance Experience.
Maintains a safe work environment. Inspects job sites and reviews maintenance procedures for hazards. Conducts pre-job safety briefs for all assigned work. Informs employees of safety rules and regulations and consistently enforces them.
• Emphasizes the commitment to performing all work in compliance with environmental procedures with crafts and contractors.
• Coordinate with the Maintenance Planners, other maintenance departments, and operating groups to develop effective repair strategies and maintenance schedules.
• Communicate scheduled and emergency maintenance activities to personnel within the department. Determines when additional resources, overtime or contracted services are required.
• Administers the Employee Productivity Guidelines, and Code of Conduct.
• Understands budget requirements for plant equipment and systems maintenance. Follow through with implementation of approved projects.
• Assumes standby responsibilities on a rotating basis. Responds to emergency calls outside of his or her normal work schedule on a regular basis.
• Assist operating departments in monitoring equipment and troubleshooting abnormal operating conditions. Determine the appropriate maintenance scope and timing of repairs.
5 years experience with the following skills :
Building heating/cooling/ventilation systems
Mechanical skills not limited to mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic trouble shooting and repair
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or GED.
• Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and/or instrumentation maintenance procedures and work practices.
• Understands and committed to maintaining safe work practices.
• Familiar with Water Quality monitoring, Dust Collection systems, Blueprints and Schematics