Major Duties and Responsibilities:
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Test and repair equipment, then adjust, replace, or repair, damaged electrical mechanisms/parts, reassemble and test machine again.
- Run machine through operation to ensure proper operation to production requirements and specifications.
- Move and install motors and electrical control equipment and systems.
- Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to supervisor.
- Work with and assist other maintenance mechanics as required.
- Perform preventative maintenance duties.
- Perform general buildings and grounds maintenance as required.
- Maintain work area in a clean, safe, and orderly condition.
- Follow established company rules and regulations and safety precautions
- Understand, maintain, and perform work according to quality and environmental standards.
- Operate a forklift
- Operate a Man lift and be able to work in elevated situations for long periods of time.
- Lead and execute projects/maintenance activities.
- Safely operate and Maintain all Maintenance Tools and Equipment.
- Additional Skills/Tasks may be added to meet the business need.
Repair and Maintain the following Systems:
- Industrial controls
- Monorail and bridge cranes
- Motors and control systems
- PLC repair and trouble shooting
- Facilities repairs (plumbing, roofing, grounds, driveways, outfalls, etc.
- Complete Maintenance Inspection Logs and PM Records.
- Complete end of shift report
- Participate in team meetings
- Facilitate communication with and through other departments
- Lead and execute projects/maintenance activities. This person may be responsible for planning, laying-out, and performing various difficult and unusual trade duties in order to install, analyze, troubleshoot, repair, modify and maintain complex machines.