The Mine Electrician will perform electrical repairs, installations, inspections and preventive maintenance of electrical lines, machinery and equipment throughout the Lucky Friday, both on the surface and underground.
Perform electrical repairs to provide continuous operation of machinery and equipment.
• Install and commission high voltage underground/surface transformers, splices, box's, switches.
• Trouble shoot, diagnose problems, and repair instrument & electric equipment underground, in the Concentrator, and on the surface.
• Participates in the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) as required.
• Work with electrical schematics.
• Order materials
• Completes required maintenance reports and logs.
• Tests all equipment repairs as applicable.
• Must be able to access equipment information using electronic devices (i.e. laptop computer, tablet).
• Use of measuring equipment, including micrometers, calipers, etc.
• Maintain a high standard of housekeeping in the workplace.
• Comply with applicable environmental laws and regulations. Conducts activities and work in an environmentally responsible manner. Is aware of procedures to minimize impacts to the environment.
• Follows and understands MSHA rules and regulations, environmental rules and regulations, SOP and work area instructions, participates in safety and environmental activities. Leads by example by adhering to rules and regulations, and ensuring compliance to rules and regulations established by the Mine Operations department.
• Must be able to work and communicate with other members of the work team.
• Must be willing to comply with all company policies and procedures, especially with regard to Safety, Human Resources, and Environmental.