The Manager of Engineering and Maintenance is a key member of the plant leadership team and is responsible for leading the engineering and maintenance teams. Specific accountabilities include: Driving systemic process improvement to improve plant safety, product quality, process efficiencies and machine reliability; Support and lead the implementation and improvement of 5S, TPM, Process Control, Standardized work and Problem solving. Lead the design, equipment selection and implementation of capital projects. Identify and select machine enhancements and upgrades. Manage the capital and maintenance budgets and act as the primary plant liaison to corporate engineering. Mentor and develop subordinates and build a strong well-functioning team.
- Leads safety through personal example and by actively engaging with team members in the location.
- Leads safety programs as assigned, including programs such as Lock out Tag Out, Electrical Safety, Machine Guarding, and Hazardous chemical controls.
- Responsible for overall maintenance, repair and replacement of manufacturing equipment and the overall facility.
- Prepares and leads capital and continuous improvement projects.
- Lead and develop improvement plans to bring the Maintenance group to a World Class organization.
- Engages employees in problem solving in order to improve safety, quality, productivity and delivery.
- Leads and teaches problem solving using tools such as A3, 5 Why, PCSAM, and 8D.
- Develops team members constructively for performance and personal development and handles disciplinary matters.
- Builds a high functioning team and leads Engineering and Maintenance teams to consistently improve and to exceed performance and productivity targets.
- Ensures plant has a robust corrective, preventive and predictive maintenance program.
- Leads the location TPM Program
- Reviews location’s Key Performance Indicators KPIs (Daily, Weekly and Monthly) to make recommendations for improving plant operations, OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) and maintenance problem resolution.
- Tracks, analyzes and improves department’s KPIs in the areas of efficiency, downtime reduction, overall maintenance cost and preventative maintenance compliance.
- Works with Corporate Engineering and the location team to evaluate and improve manufacturing processes by finding alternate machines and processes and by supporting new product and new equipment development and trials