To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
COMPANY POLICIES & PROCEDURES
- An employee handbook and other company policies and procedures have been prepared to guide employees in their personal conduct and work activities.
- Employees are, however, expected to exercise on the spot decisions regarding the workmanship of themselves and others to ensure that quality is built in at every process step.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or GED is required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, andprocedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively to coworkers and supervisors.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers. Accurately read a tape measure or ruler.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Requires solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills enabling involvement in a cross functional, quality driven team environment.
- A positive, "Can do" attitude fueled with initiative, dedication, neatness, sense of urgency, and concern for the satisfaction of customers, both internal and external.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud, hearing protection is required.
- Employees are required to wear Gill Corp-MD uniforms when available, steel toed safety shoes, and ANSI approved safety glasses with side shields at all times.
- Gloves are required when handling all products.
- Tools and/or equipment that may be operated include: calculator, tape measure, overhead crane for lifting coils.