Directs maintenance personnel to ensure that all systems operate at their highest capability to meet required production schedules, quality, costs and schedule priorities
Improves reliability, maintenance and processing methods to reduce cost and avoid loss of production as a result of equipment malfunction or failure time.
• Determines equipment capabilities, safety and operational condition in coordination with the other Supervisors and technicians.
• Develops preventative maintenance procedures that are cost effective and increase the operational life of the equipment.
• Seek and implement the continuous improvement of the process through equipment improvement modifications.
• Assist in the development of the system and operational standards and corrective actions.
• Develops, implements and reviews regularly, site-specific maintenance logs for department.
• Coordinates, arranges, and supervises, or provides for the completion of corrective and preventive maintenance in accordance with company operating procedures, practices and financial considerations.
• Provide maintenance training to include the effective utilization of the maintenance logs, completion of routine maintenance specific to facility, equipment operations and support.
• Assists workers in diagnosing malfunctions in machinery and equipment.
• Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
• Assist with preparing requisitions to determine the number of spare parts to be kept in inventory.
• Assist in maintaining departmental operating budget at a positive variance by effectively utilizing the workforce and equipment.
• Assist with safety training, monthly safety meetings, member of safety committee, and provides technical support for all safety projects, and supports implementation of the 9-key element process.
• Evaluates long-term needs in relation to major projects and factory improvements.
• Ensures that equipment and facility are maintained in a safe, operable condition and/or arrange for
• Establishes procedures and contacts to ensure timely repairs of equipment.
Directs workers in electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic, and utility systems maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment.
• Directs workers engaged in dismantling, assembling, and installing industrial machinery.
• Assists with developing department employee relations by continued communication of all information affecting them and through the conduct of monthly departmental safety meetings. This is further enhanced by employee and personal participation in the Plant Safety and Ergonomics committees.
• Analyzes production downtime reports, determines opportunities, and initiates action plan to increase efficiencies.
• Participate in the QRMP yearly audit and assist in the development of procedures and corrective actions.
• Oversee and lead the implementation of the QRMP (Quality Risk Management Process) system and operational standards as outlined in the plant accountability list in order to achieve targeted RCR.
• Assist and partner with business leaders on implementation of process improvement (Six Sigma / Lean/Heinz Global Production System (HGPS)), including leading change initiatives, planning, and facilitation.
• Assist with the supervision of Maintenance staff including but not limited to performance management and employee development, etc.
• Communicate with outside agencies i.e. contractors, equipment suppliers, technical consultants and vendors.
• Continuous and close coordination with the Maintenance Manger, other Maintenance Supervisor(s), other Team Members, and Human Resource Manager.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related Technical field or a minimum of 5 years of related experiences and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Understanding of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and utility systems.
• Must have the knowledge of good manufacturing practices, and food processing equipment. Be safety and quality minded and have the ability to make sound decisions.
Understand OSHA/FDA/USDA/EPA requirements.
• Understanding of direct and overhead cost systems.
• Experience using, trouble-shooting and programming Allen Bradley PLCs.
• Must be able to work flexible schedule to include days, afternoons, midnights, and weekend work.
• Ability to identify and solve problems.
• Must possess and technical skills.
• Must have excellent writing/verbal communication skills
• Ability to provide leadership, teamwork and cooperation.
• Must have excellent planning and organization skills.
• Must have strong computer skills.