Qualifications & Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- 2 years combined Refrigeration and/or Maintenance experience (relevant Technical School certification program and/or Associates Degree program considered in lieu of employment experience).
- Required to successfully complete assigned Industrial Refrigeration and/or mechanical-electrical courses.
- Required to train in HAZMAT, obtain and maintain the certification.
- Basic computer skills required (email, internet searches, basic data entry, etc.).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of general refrigeration practices.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Mathematical and documentation skills necessary.
- Ability to work with hands in mechanically oriented situations.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Proficient use of testing equipment.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts if required, including on call.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose down to the component level on all refrigeration equipment.
- Share knowledge, train and support the development of others.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- May be required to tolerate working environment with inside controlled temperatures of –20 degrees Fahrenheit and outside ambient temperatures (including heat, cold and precipitation).
- Must be able to work at heights in excess of 35 ft. and be able to access elevated platforms and catwalk.
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; push; pull; reach with hands and arms; stoop; kneel; and crouch
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.