CORE DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work safely following all health, safety and environmental rules and policies.
- Demonstrate high ethical standards and integrity as set forth in our Code of Conduct.
- With a positive attitude, demonstrate the ability to effectively participate in a team environment that promotes the company’s goals and objectives.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions delivered in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to solve problems using appropriate critical thinking skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and effectively communicate in English.
- Continually look for ways to increase efficiency and productivity, while maintaining the required level of quality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Maintain a high level of quality and attention to detail in close tolerance manufacturing.
- Possess intermediate math skills for measurement, testing and problem resolution.
- Replace cutting tools as required to meet product conformity.
- Safely operate overhead cranes.
- Display proficiency in the use of inspection tools such as micrometers (ID/OD/depth) calipers, pi tapes, etc. and hand tools including layout tools, grinders, drills, wrenches, mallets, etc.
- Read and interpret documents such as blueprints, work orders and manuals. Knowledge about geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Change cutting tools and adjust machine feeds and speeds as needed.
- Work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment.
- Complete required inspection documentation reports.
- Receive priorities, instructions, and assignments from supervisor.
- Observes safety regulations and exhibits a high concern for safety.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Machinist I Qualifications
- Safely and efficiently set up and operate all common machine tools engine lathes.
- Can machine parts using horizontal boring mills, vertical lathes, engine lathes, mills, grinders, and drill presses manually.
- Perform simple to complex machine setups with little to no assistance.
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics.
- Solid working knowledge of machine tools/parts, set up, operation and maintenance.
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
- Must be able to work independently, but also demonstrate an ability to work productively within the department team.
- Work with Machinist III and Process Engineers to improve Cell processes.
- Troubleshoot problems under the guidance of Machinist III.
- Suggest changes that improve safety and boost productivity.
- Machinist II Qualifications.
- Tend to one or more machine tools to machine metal and non-metal work pieces.
- Capable of interpreting and editing CNC programs.
- Confer with numerical control programmers in order to check and ensure that new programs or machinery will function properly, and that output will meet specifications.
- Experience performing full set-ups, program edits, and holding tolerances as tight as +/- .0001".
- Complete understanding of machine usage, including mastering of all machine code and terminology.
- Awareness of cutting tool technology, to support application optimization.
- Fabricate tooling and hardware as a part of continuous improvement of the facility.
- Coordinate and interface with operations, engineers as necessary.
- Ability to interact with supervisors to take direction on job assignments, to seek clarification on unclear drawings or job instructions and to seek help when problems arise. Interact with co-workers, including mechanics, welders, and machinists, to exchange tips about methods and procedures, to relay new information and safety precautions, to receive instructions or to instruct others how to perform new jobs.
- Trouble-shooting skills and ability to think critically.
- Train and mentor Machinists, I & II and work in a team environment.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.