Essential Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure safety of all employees and contractors working in operating unit or department by driving continuous improvement towards a Culture of Safety. This includes supporting all corporate safety programs; developing and utilizing VOP’s, identifying and eliminating hazards, and enforcing all safety rules.
- Responsible for overall maintenance systems within the facility, which include: predictive & preventative maintenance programs for plant equipment and all rolling stock, developing and maintaining MRO and critical spares inventory, routine equipment trouble shooting & repairs and small-scale metal fabrication work that maximize operational efficiency and asset reliability.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining work request/work order system for the facility across maintenance and production teams.
- Directs maintenance team members in troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of equipment, simple shop fabrication of forms and mold repairs
- Requisitions tools, equipment, supplies and services necessary for repairs and maintenance.
- Inspects completed work for conformance to blueprints, specifications, and standards.
- Communicates company policies to employees, develops, trains, and enforces safety regulations.
- Implements changes in working conditions and use of equipment (includes training of personnel) to increase and improve efficiency, proficiency and safety.
- Develops self and staff to ensure personal and professional growth.
- Manage inventory of spares and critical spares according to site business plan.
- Lead or facilitate the development and implementation of various continuous improvement projects or processes that improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product.
- Ensure fabrication and maintenance of molds and related equipment is properly done.
Perform other duties as necessary.