Under the direction of the Branch Manager, the HVAC General Manager will be responsible for setting the strategic direction and managing the financial performance of the HVAC business. This includes, but is not limiting to, direct involvement with sales and marketing, estimating and executing project and maintenance work thru a team of dedicated talented union technicians.
· High School Diploma or GED.
· 5 -10 years Industrial HVAC experience on a variety of OEM brands.
· Understand the operation and maintenance requirements of larger screw and centrifugal compressors associated with chillers.
· Understanding of boiler controls and tuning of boilers.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
· Ability to perform material take offs and understanding of construction productivity rates.
· Excellent communication skills, organizational skills and ability to multitask.
· Basic understanding of financial statements.
· Some overnight travel.
· 2-year technical degree in HVAC and or boiler/chillers.
· Experience managing direct reports – union experience a plus.
· Boiler Master License a plus.