Education and or Experience:
The employee should have the following:
- LME, State Of Oregon Limited Maintenance Electrical License-or higher, or the ability to obtain an LME license within three months of employment, is required.
- Electrical knowledge and skill in troubleshooting motors and controls, drives, instrumentation, and PLC’s.
- Five years of documented experience in industrial equipment maintenance, or vocational training plus three years of work experience in a manufacturing plant.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Must have required basic hand tools.
The employee should have the following abilities:
- Basic knowledge of mathematics, algebra, and physics.
- Strong Preventive/Predictive knowledge and experience.
- Ability to work from layout plans, blue prints, drawings, or other specifications to determine work procedures.
- Ability and knowledge in welding, including arc, acetylene, and hydrogen.
- Ability to properly move machinery using hoist, cranes, dollies, rollers, and trucks.
- Ability and knowledge to properly use tools and equipment such as drill presses, lathe, milling machine, chain falls, jacks, slings , burning torches, and other types of portable and hand tools.
- Project management experience.
- Ability and willingness to work in widely varied environments.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with production.
- Advanced critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- The ability to demonstrate good organization skills.
- Proficient in precision assembly and alignment techniques.
- Strong customer focus and willing to go the extra mile.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency (word, excel, outlook, power point, SAP).