Main Job Functions: As a Maintenance Techniciain - a) Performs routine and specialized maintenance of facility and equipment under minimal supervision, and b) maintains compliance to the appropriate external regulations and internal maintenance policies.
Purpose/Objectives of Job Functions: a) To ensure safe and cost effective operation of the facility and equipment, and b) to ensure safe and enviromentally sound maintenance practices which comply with both government regulations and policies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- ADMINISTRATIVE WORK: Participates in meetings, can prepare variety of reports and maintain thorough records and files. To ensure a proper level of communication and documentation as required.
Guidelines/Assistance to Local, Regional and Corporate staff and good communication, accurately maintained records and files.
- PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE RELATED WORK: Performs predefined preventive maintenance procedures at specific time intervals. To minimize downtime and maintenance cost. To provide for safe & efficient operations at predefined intervals. Guidelines/Assistance - PM Logs, Regional & Corporate Engineering and minimum downtime and maintenance cost.
- EQUIPMENT REPAIR WORK: Performs downtime repair work. To maintain proper production levels as required. Equipment Suppliers & Manuals, Regional & Corporate Engineering, Other Maintenance Staff/Personnel and proper and timely repairs are made.
- PROJECT WORK (NON-CAPITAL): Performs predefined equipment or facility work to maintain equipment and facility at optimum level for production. As determined by prioritization, Guidelines/Assistance prioritization from Project Logs and Regional Engineer, additional Maintenance resources as required.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 3-5 years of maintenance work experience.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Trade skills in one or more: welding, electrical, mechanical, HVAC, instrumentation, boilers.
- Ability to interpret and understand maintenance manuals which are written in English.