The Area Manager reports directly to the Division Manager , and will have direct leadership responsibility for Maintenance Shift Managers and Process Coordinators . In addition, this role will indirectly manage and supervise hourly maintenance technicians. This position is responsible for managing the activities performed by maintenance forces, as well as ensuring quality, continuity and efficiency of operations, repair and maintenance.
• Responsible for performance management of direct report Maintenance Shift Managers and Process Coordinators, and provides guidance to help individuals achieve goals
• Responsible for ensuring that standards are met or exceeded for the administration of the corporate safety policies and programs and ensures all personnel, both management and hourly maintenance, adhere to the corporate and local safety guidelines.
• Plans, organizes, and manages area budget and expenditures to ensure strategic and cost effective operations are adhered to
. • Coordinate strategic maintenance initiatives / improvements with engineering.
• Interact with key customers to ensure operating unit reliability.
• Plan and execute facility outages
Bachelors degree, formal education and training in Engineering, Technology or a related field
A minimum of 5 years of mechanical maintenance management in manufacturing or similar industry
Cost control and computer planning skills
Strong leadership skills, good communication skills, operates with a sense of urgency
Experience directing and supervising a unionized workforce and maintenance managers(preferred)