QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and experience.
- Must demonstrate industrial electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Past performance that demonstrates self-starting behaviors and ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Technically orientated and knowledgeable in manufacturing systems.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in computer programs.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum of Associates Degree in electrical studies and/or 5-10 years related electrical and informal leadership experience
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Verifiable and sustained authorization to work in the United States
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must possess advanced critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Must work well in team environment
- Must have the ability to do advanced mathematical calculations
- Must be willing & able to effectively train others on advanced craft/controls related skills.
- Must learn new controls technologies and systems as required throughout plant.
- Must pass the written test and place at the designated level for this job classification.
- Must attend internal and external training on or off site, travel may be required.
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
The employee must be able to:
- Navigate SAP Work Order System proficiently
- Database creation, extrapolation, and technical reporting
- Utilize a keyboard to routinely take online coursework, check emails, PeopleSoft (paycheck and benefits information portal)
- Document and modify PLC programs using RS Logix 5, 500 and 5000 software.
- Update and program HMI’s using Factory Talk View ME