The CBM Professional is expected to routinely exercise discretion and independent judgment while performing primary duties. Responsible for providing advanced technology services and equipment repair recommendations based on technology and machine fundamentals. CBM Professional coordinates and schedules work as necessary as well as assembles and maintains technical data and reporting. The CBM Professional is also expected to be a technical resource to the client and ARG employees in the troubleshooting of mechanical and electrical equipment and performs and oversees specific projects and employees as assigned
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
• Performs CBM Program Setup and Project Management as required, including but not limited to:
o Responsible for equipment hazard analysis.
o Responsible for building and maintaining technology databases.
o Ability to perform advanced setup work such as Asset Health Matrix, CBM Database Creation, etc.
• Expected to successfully manage client relationships, including but not limited to:
o Communicating the ARG deliverables to the client.
o Maintaining professional and productive communication with client.
o Providing accurate and the timely reporting.
o Maintain a professional demeanor and appearance.
• Assumes responsibility for necessary auditing, metrics and reporting, including but not limited to:
o Ensuring all databases are in compliance with current ARG and/or Client Standards.
o Managing all database changes and keeping machine information up to date.
o Submitting recommended alarm/collection spec changes through ARG MOC Process. Orig. 11/16 CBM
• Assumes responsibility for the overall safety of the work environment.
o Responsible for ensuring compliance with ARG, client, OSHA, and other applicable standards.
o Performs Behavioral Safety Observations as needed.
• Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
o Performs special projects and project management as assigned.
o Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
o Responsible for managing own travel and work schedule within ARG Guidelines of the assigned clients.
• Training/Mentoring – A few of the activities in the area of Training/Mentoring will include, but are not limited to:
o Assist in training/mentoring of new employees.
o Able to convey obtained knowledge from seminar/training sessions.
• Collects, Analyzes, and Reports on Technology Data
o Collects data and performs analysis in accordance with ARG Best Practices standards
o Provide recommendations to clients based on analysis of technical data using independent judgement
o Maintains technology databases with current information
o Reports results in clear concise manner following all ARG procedures for content.
• Able and willing to work in an on-call situations and off shifts as required by customers or management
1. Technical reports are accurate, neat, and promptly completed.
2. Inquiries are courteously attended to. Good business relations exist with outside professionals and with customers.
3. A professional image is projected and maintained.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Engineering or equivalent direct experience required. ASNT-TC1A or ASNT-CP189 Professional Certification or industry equivalent. Level 2 Certification in specialty field and Level 1 Certification in other technologies.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: Advanced knowledge of machinery fundamentals, including pumps, motors, gearboxes, blowers, compressors, switchgear etc. Detailed knowledge of general mechanical fundamentals, such as fits and tolerances. Working knowledge of Orig. 11/16 CBM Professional Page 3 routine and advanced data acquisition techniques. Working knowledge of other condition monitoring technologies.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Minimum of 5 years of related experience.
SKILLS/ABILITIES: Good communication skills, both oral and written. Proficient computer skills, including but not limited to Windows, Word, and Excel. Solid analytical and problem-solving abilities. Able to work well independently.