Daily Maintenance Support
- Assesses and provides technical and troubleshooting support for electrical and programming needs directly affecting plant operation.
- Combines knowledge of electrical principles, electrical equipment and instrumentation operation, and DCS programming and troubleshooting to solve problems.
- Fosters teamwork and prioritizes the safety of all involved during the problem-solving process.
- Work collaboratively with vendors, maintenance, operations technicians, and their supervision to fully understand the problem and recommend solutions.
Continuous Improvement Team (CIT) Projects:
- Uses time management skills to balance daily support needs with continuous improvement.
- Works the prioritized list of improvement projects to develop improvement scopes, update P&IDs / Electrical drawings, order equipment, write work notifications and MOC’s, clearly communicate the needed work scope to maintenance crews, and provide feedback on progress at CIT meetings.
- Investigate and recommend new or improved technologies to provide reliable solutions.
- Provide or work with Process Controls Engineers to provide the needed DCS programming changes to implement projects.
- Update instrument and equipment specification documents into plant database.
Capital Project Management:
- Provide budgetary scopes, project description, and works with PICA to understand project justification for the Project Authorization Form (PAF). Routes PAF for approval.
- Develop Gantt charts and bid packages, obtains quotes or bids to implement projects, and issues purchase requisitions.
- Act as the construction liaison, nested, and non-nested contractors to fully implement project scopes.
- Manages project overall cost and escalates for significant over- or under-run of project.
- Update all necessary documentation into database.
- Provide after hour support for high priority processes one week/month.