Daily Maintenance Support
- Assesses and provides technical and troubleshooting support for needs directly affecting plant operation.
- Combines knowledge of mechanical principles, mechanical equipment operation and repair, best practices, and troubleshooting to solve problems.
- Fosters teamwork and prioritizes the safety of all involved during the problem-solving process.
- Work collaboratively with vendors, maintenance and operations technicians and their supervision to fully understand the problem and recommend solutions.
Continuous Improvement Team (CIT) Projects:
- Uses time management skills to balance daily support needs with continuous improvement.
- Works the prioritized list of improvement projects to develop improvement scopes, orders equipment, writes work notifications and MOC’s, clearly communicates the needed work scope to maintenance crews, and provides feedback on progress at CIT meetings.
- Investigates and recommends new or improved technologies to provide reliable solutions.
- Provides technical design as applicable for pumping systems and pressure vessel modifications.
Capital Project Management:
- Provides budgetary scopes, project description and works with PICA to understand project justification for the Project Authorization Form (PAF). Routes PAF for approval.
- Develops Gantt charts and bid packages, obtains quotes or bids to implement projects, issues and/or approves purchase requisitions, and acts as the construction liaison with the company, nested, and non-nested contractors to fully implement project scopes.
- Acts as the construction liaison with the company, nested, and non-nested contractors to fully implement project scopes.
- Manages project overall cost and escalates for significant over- or under-run of project
- Update all necessary documentation into database.
- Provide after hour support for high priority processes one week/month.
Critical Corporate Competencies:
- Safety – Work to ensure safety of one’s self and co-workers. Consider safety in design.
- Teamwork – Collaborate with personnel throughout the organization
- Communication – Use verbal and nonverbal communication in creative ways to acquire input from others and lead by influence at levels above and below this position.
- Continuous Improvement – Continuously working to develop and implement sustained improvements in equipment operation and maintenance work processes
- Creative Thinking –Leverage fresh perspectives, breakthrough ideas to improve OEE
- Customer Mindset – Internalizes feedback from Operations, provides innovative ideas to meet future needs
- Sense of Urgency – Fosters a strong sense of urgency in others to meet or exceed goals
- Prioritization – Use time effectively, prevents irrelevant issues from interfering w/ work completion, work through others as appropriate to extend span of influence and effectiveness
- Get Things Done – Maintains a consistent and high level of productivity despite apparent challenges/obstacles
- Navigating Ambiguity – Shows versatility in response to a wide range of situations and knows when to seek help from management or subject matter experts.
Functional Specific Competencies:
- Ability to leverage technical skills along with communication and teamwork to achieve results on emergency and continuous improvement equipment projects.
- Uses an “always learning” mindset to explore new technologies and look for better ways to problems.
- Ability to identify, develop, and clearly articulate creative and logical, and/or innovative solutions to meet the current business need.