- Planning and assist in developing training for the maintenance department.
- Standardizing training and qualification processes.
- Key contact for all operations technical training needs
- Conduit to operations to design “Basic equipment care” for operators
- Develop Key Performance Indicators to evaluate training efforts.
- Identifies internal and external trainers.
- Ability to troubleshoot routine and non-routine equipment issues and be a resource towards achieving safe, timely, cost efficient solutions.
- Training trainers and coaches.
- Purchasing and controlling materials and programs.
- Maintaining training records.
- Scheduling training and qualification activities.
- Coordinate training to adhere to regulatory requirements
- Assist in developing individual training plans for curative, PM and continuous improvement technicians and track progress of accomplishment of the plan.
- Coordinates the development of standard training modules/programs and delivers the training as necessary.
- Coordinates and tracks a training budget.
- Facilitator of maintenance training sub-committee to establish priorities for maintenance training budget
- Trains operations associates on equipment functionality, change over, lubrication, machine adjustment, cleaning, inspection, and potentially minor mechanical repairs.
- Self-Development: Ability to learn additional skills and develop in role with additional responsibilities.
- Effective shift communications. Attends and participates in maintenance issues in shift overlaps, quality reviews, and daily meetings as required to identify training needs.
Team Work Accountabilities:
- Collaborates with site training department regarding scheduling operations training and documenting training properly.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment, taking initiative with team along with other team members to train, motivate and solve problems.
- Effectively works and communicates with all departments (scheduling, engineering, R&D, IE, logistics, operations, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability for communication, verbally and written, along with good listening and organizing skills.
- Participates in and supports the team with a "pro-team" attitude. Works well with others and has good team skills.
- Shows initiative in self and team development, is reliable, uses time wisely and is willing to accept change.
- Lead or participate in continuous improvement efforts.
- Complete work under safe operating procedures.
- Provide input as appropriate regarding safety.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Self-Development - Ability to learn additional skills and develop in role with additional responsibilities.
- Conflict Management: Can handle tough situations and equitably resolve conflict with colleagues
- Dealing w/ Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change and comfortably handle risk & uncertainty
- Integrity & Trust: Is widely trusted by colleagues
- Applies some advanced skills to the position or specialization.
- May adapt procedures, processes, tools, equipment and techniques to meet the more complex requirements of the position.
- Resolves most questions and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels.
- Works under minimal supervision. May assist in orienting and training lower level associates.