Works in a manufacturing environment to ensure production equipment is maintained. May also assist with facilities maintenance.
Installs, maintains, and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures, and pipe and electrical systems in commercial or industrial establishments
• Demonstrate the ability to understand basic production processes and operation of machinery for troubleshooting purposes.
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of safe and proper use of the more advanced electrical diagnostic equipment, i.e., battery powered oscilloscopes and recording volt/ammeters.
• Diagnose and repair simple problems with AC and DC variable-speed drives.
• Read blueprints, schematics, electrical diagrams and symbols.
• Must demonstrate a thorough understanding of the metric system as it pertains to our plant equipment.
• Must demonstrate knowledge in regards to mechanics of bearings, sheaves, and capstans.
• Must possess working knowledge of gearboxes including checking oil and identifying lubrication points.
• Repair simple problems in induction heating equipment.
• Trace and troubleshoot problems in air, water, and oil cooling systems.
• Must be able to correctly calibrate instrumentation.
• Disconnect, remove, reinstall, and reconnect all AC and DC motors, including realigning belts and shafts as required.
• Ability to read electrical prints such that he/she can install and wire machinery to manufacturers specifications.
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of advanced test quipment, such as AC powered oscilloscopes and event recorders.
• Must be able to explain the control system operation on the induction furnaces and the stranding machines.
• Diagnose and repair faults in PLC control systems.
• Diagnose and correct faults in electrical distribution systems.
• Troubleshoot and repair complex faults in induction heating systems
• Install and calibrate electrical instrumentation.
• Possesses understanding of systems such that he/she is able to suggest to electrical engineer program modifications within PLC’s and provide necessary documentation for such modifications.