The position will report to the Employee Relations Director, and supervise a team of HR, training, and healthcare professionals, in support of the Great Lakes facility. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
· Provide HR Leadership and expertise to Business Leaders.
· Facilitate & execute the strategic and operational implementation of Organization Development initiatives for the client group, including Talent & Performance Assessments, 360 Feedback, Succession Planning, etc.
· Work with Business Leaders to develop high potential employees to secure a pipeline of future Directors/General Managers/Vice Presidents.
· Supervise the handling of all aspects of employee relations, policy administration, and communications within the client group(s).
· Ensure the effective delivery of HR Core processes including effective sourcing/recruitment/selection strategies, performance management, reward and recognition, training and development plans (including budget management for training programs), career development, communications, and succession plan/organization development.
· Conduct employee focus groups with all levels within the organization to identify potential issues in the areas of selection, leveraged communications, management availability, management predictability, and recognition. Work with management to develop, communicate, and implement actions to mitigate future issues in the aforementioned areas.
· Minimum 8 years of progressive HR Experience in a Manufacturing/Industrial environment.
· Bachelors degree
· Demonstrated skills in delivering Core HR Processes such as Performance Management, Succession Planning/Talent Management, Compensation Planning, and Recruiting for Medium to Large Organizations.
· Minimum 2 years supervisory experience.
· Experience and ease working with all levels within an organization – unionized craft employees to senior management.
· Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, team-building and influencing skills.
· Ability to work independently and manage ambiguity.
· Ability to lead and execute in a functional and P&L matrixed environment.
· Able to focus on strategy and execution, able to operate independently.
· Working knowledge of federal and state employment laws, including but not limited to EEOC, ADA, Workers Compensation, FMLA, etc.
· MBA, or MA/MS in Human Resource Management, Industrial Relations or Industrial/Organizational Psychology
· HR Generalist experience with a proven track to deliver results in a complex and fast-paced business environment.
· SHRM Certification