Commission and Overhaul industrial machinery and heavy equipment using hoists, lift trucks, hand tools, and power tools in an industrial setting. In addition, perform setup, alignment and testing according to customer specifications and blueprints by performing the following duties in a safe and timely manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Read blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
• Move machinery and equipment to work area, using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks.
• Form dry pack grout as needed for machines, using hand tools and building materials, such as wood, grout, and steel.
• Align machines and equipment and mobile equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers and plumb bobs.
• Assemble machines, and bolts, rivets, or otherwise fasten them to foundation or other structures, using hand tools and power tools. May require some
• Assemble and install equipment, such as shafting, conveyors, and tram rails, using hand tools and power tools.
• Assemble and install equipment, insert shims, level and adjust.
• Install beams and bed plates, level and establish centerline prior to equipment installation.
• Install any additional parts such as pumps, valves, gauges and auxiliary equipment.
• Dismantle machines, using hammers, wrenches, crowbars, and other hand tools for shipment or demo.
• May repair and lubricate machines and equipment.
• Will install and modify machine per request.
• May perform installation and maintenance work as part of team of skilled trade workers.
• Required to perform precision alignment, vibration testing, run assessment and flushing requirements.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Tool List:
• 1/2” drive socket set (also metric)
• 3/8” – 1 ¼” sockets (also metric)
• 3/8” socket set (also metric)
• 5/16” – 3/4 “ sockets (also metric)
• Box end wrenches & open end wrenches, 5/16”-1 ¼” (also metric)
• Channel lock pliers, needle nose pliers, vice grips, pliers
• Cold chisel, punches
• Ball Pein hammer, sledge hammer, dead blow hammer
• Torpedo level, chalk line, 25’ tape measure (standard and metric)
• Screw drivers (assorted sizes, Flat and Phillip head) scribes
• Allen wrench (standard and metric)
• Adjustable wrenches
• Pipe Wrenches
• Combination square
• Pry bars