TenCate is seeking a Mechanical Maintenance Technician to perform various skilled tasks in reliability and repair maintenance of manufacturing equipment, etc.
1. Follows all safety regulation and basic rules and regulations per company policy.
2. Interact with use of the CMMS (ER Portal) to open, perform and complete work orders issued by the Groupleader or Planner Scheduler.
3. Ability to obtain and maintain forklift license.
4. Knowledge of the methods, materials, and practices necessary to repair and maintain the equipment.
5. Able to troubleshoot equipment and make proper repairs and adjustments when necessary.
6. Able to lead a group of people to accomplish a specific task.
7. Willing to be on-call for emergency repairs and to provide assistance on PM days.
8. Able to comply with the “working conditions” in section IV.
9. Must be able to read hydraulic schematics, troubleshoot hydraulic problems, and repair hydraulic valves, cylinders,
10. Must be able to read pneumatic diagrams, troubleshoot problems, and repair pneumatic valves, cylinders, and
11. Perform skilled maintenance activities including welding, brazing, soldering, and the use of a torch.
12. Able to read pencil sketches and simple diagrams.
13. Able to install motors, gearboxes, pumps, and other such equipment.
14. Able to install chains, sprockets, gears, pulleys, and belts with proper alignment tools.
15. Responds to calls from the production departments and communicates with group leader /supervisor as to what the
call is for.
16. Clean up after work performed and general housekeeping of the shop area.
17. Must be able to work for extended hours (16hrs) when necessary.
18. Complete any other task assigned by maintenance group leader.
A. Minimum education required: High school / GED
Minimum experience required: Preferred five years experience as an Industrial / Maintenance Technician.
B. Description of working conditions/physical surroundings:
C. Shift work: Yes