Skills and Abilities
The emEmployee should hold the following abilities:
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Must have strong internal and external customer service skills
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must be self-motivated to work independently and meet targets
- Must possess and demonstrate general knowledge of electrical systems and principles including motors, motor control, power distribution, lighting, and general electrical safety.
- Must possess and demonstrate general knowledge of electronic, controls, and instrumentation systems and principles, both analog and digital
- Must possess and understand basic electrical theories including OHMS law and DC current
- Must be able to read and comprehend electrical and electronic schematics, drawings, PID drawings, and riser drawers to trouble shoot equipment and system issues as well as perform required maintenance safely.
- Must possess and demonstrate good electrical and electronic troubleshooting skills and aptitude.
- Must have to ability to do basic mathematical calculations including algebra, geometry, and basic trigonometry
- Must be able to secure and maintain job related qualifications and certifications as required by the nature of this position
Computer and Software Competencies
The emEmployee must be able to:
- Operate a computer or other keyboard instruments
- General knowledge of Microsoft office suite
- Utilize SAP for data entry and reporting
Education and/or Experience
The emEmployee should have the following:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Must be a US citizen or have the right to work in the US
- Must be drug and alcohol free
- 4 years electrical/electronic/instrumentation experience in industrial environment. Combination of college and experience will be considered
- Two years Associate degree in electrical or Electronic Systems Technology is preferred but not required
Additional Required Training
All annual safety and role specific training, as required by the nature of this position
- Training and Qualification packet must be completed successfully
- Role-specific Crane and Rigging Certification
- Role-specific Hand and power Tool Safety Training Certification
- Role-specific Aerial Platform Certification
- Role-specific Powered Industrial Vehicle Certification
- Role-specific Lock Tag Try Certification
- Role-specific Respiratory Protection Certification
Essential Physical Requirements
- Rotating shifts – days and nights 12 hour shift.
- Stand for extended prolonged periods during 12 hour shift.
- Work overtime, as needed.
- Utilize hand dexterity.
- Physically able to qualify, wear, and utilize all required PPE
- Climb and work from ladders, both portable and fixed
- Climb stairs