Primary Responsibility: Works independently, performs advance maintenance and repair throughout the warehouse including electrical, refrigeration, ammonia, plumbing, boiler, and carpentry.
- Operate the Refrigeration engine rooms including the cycling of equipment as plant conditions change.
- Perform repairs on ammonia refrigeration equipment and ensure the refrigeration system is in good repair.
- Ensure operation of equipment through preventive maintenance, trouble shooting malfunctions, etc.
- Monitor, adjust and record room temperatures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Become part of the HazMat team and become part of the on-call rotation.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Requires the ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions. Requires getting up and down from ladders, and reaching, bending, or carrying light loads. Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical mechanical work. Talking, hearing and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks. Occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing from 5 lbs to 75 lbs. Working environment is usually in the engine (mechanical) room--a high noise/vibration atmosphere as well as working in a freezer facility in which the temperatures can exceed -20 degrees. Works overtime or weekends in order to complete work or attend meetings.