The Instrumentation Technician safely troubleshoot electrical and electronic equipment in a fast paced production environment. This must be done in a timely manner with little to no general direction. This position will be responsible to understand and troubleshoot PLC and HMI programs as needed and directed. The basic understanding of Data Networking Principles is required as to maintain and troubleshoot the system. Experience in variable frequency drives, servo drives, AC/DC motors, proximity switches, photo eyes, level controls, weight controls / load cells, calibrations and vision systems are also required.
• Maintain, adjust, troubleshoot and repair electrical equipment such as motors, motor control circuits, lighting circuits, power distribution systems up to 600 VAC, Programmable Logic Controllers and AC/DC drives, and servo controlled drives.
• -Responsible for the installation, set up and programming of new equipment including electrical conduit, wiring, etc.
• Complete all work in a timely manner with little to no general direction.
• Design, test and implement PLC and HMI Programs.
• Read and safely modify wiring diagrams and schematics.
• Use electrical test equipment such as multi-meters, o-scopes, etc.
• With an understanding of data networking, maintain and manipulate the data collection interface to plant PLC’s.
• Support expense and capital projects.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent.
• Certificate in Industrial Electrician or related field preferred.
• Knowledge of HMI, XYcom, Siemens touch screens and knowledge of SCADA systems.
• Design and write PLC programs for Allen Bradley, Siemens S7 and 505.
• Understand and accurately update electrical schematics to document system changes.
• Working understanding of Servo and VFD configuration and control.
• SQL fundamentals, Visual Basic, Iconics skills are all desirable.
• Demonstrate behaviors and competencies to Deliver Consistent Results and Create Collaborative Relationships.